Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why train? For me, training is a reflection of WHO lives in me..

The way I plan my training week is known as the "High/Low Model of Training Organization."
This is largely credited to the late sprint coach Charlie Francis.
High/ Low has been proven and works great for athletes in strength and power sports or anyone who trains with activities that involve high neurological stimulus.

Charlie Francis believed that one should organize their training days in relevance to high intensity (high neurological stimulating activities) and low intensity (low neurological stimulating activities).
Francis believed that moderate intensity loading should not be used because it's neither intense enough to stimulative maximal improvements in speed and power, nor light enough to allow for recovery and restoration from higher intensity loads.
I believe this is of utmost importance to being awesome at anything, it immediately reminds me of Revelation 3:15-16:

"I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot!  So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth."

Go big or go home!  Am I right or am I right?!

That's the problem with how I see lots of people train nowadays (in regards to athletic preparation).  They try to train to be the Jack of all trades and end of being mediocre at everything.  Or they give little attention to even how to effectively and optimally program their physical training and just hope that the "shotgun" effect will work and they'll achieve whatever it is they're trying to do eventually.
Or worse, they still think jogging is all they should do.

Successful people are consistant in what they do.  You can't be successful if you don't know what your supposed to do.
Then again, I think we all need to take a deeper look into why we "train" anyway.

If you really think about it, everyone "trains."  I'm talking about developing character;  the accumulation of your thoughts, habits, and priorities.

Every minute of everyday, we're developing character.  Always training.

Training is a discipline, and we are called to be disciples.

That (as a Christian) is what we are called to do.  1 Corinthians 9:23 tells me to "...exercise control in all things."  Discipline starts with the body.  My body must be responsive to me. 
"I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified." - 1 Corinthians 9:27

For me, training is a reflection of Who lives in me. 

I train to witness to others.  I don't ever want others to fall because of me.  My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.  It must be valued.

I heard some coach sum discipline up by saying it's doing what your supposed to do, when your supposed to do it, the way it's supposed to be done.  Simple.

Know what your supposed to do and do it.  Learn God's will and do it.
Always training.  Discipline, put your body under subjection.  Make your body your slave.  Every minute of everyday, relentless.



RELENTLESS CONTROL

(I saw it on a poster :) )
As Jane Caroline (very smart gal) has wrote,


My character is a reflection who I am.
My character is a reflection of Whose I am.

(stole that from a gal named Jane Caroline :) , very cool)

As a Christian, I know I'm valued, I'm beloved.  In the end, no matter what happens in my life, I know I will accomplish what He needs me to do if I follow His will. 

There are only 2 types of "religion."
One type is human attainment.
The other is divine accomplishment.
Whichever you pick, your character will reflect.

This is also why I undergo training (more specifically training for strength, I'll explain more why some other time).

We have a STRONG God. 



I'll write more about that later. 

Pretty much I just was updating my training log.  Woke up this morning and my BIOForce Readiness Measurement showed I was under-recuperated.  Shows I'm in a sympathetic dominant state.
Means I need to take it easy.
So, taking a day off from training to recover more...

Yup

--------------------
WED, 18 July 2012
Load: Low Intensity, Stimulative

Cardiac Development - 6:00pm
Swimming
90 minutes x HR Avg 120

-------

THURS, 19 July 2012



Readiness: Low
Load: Off


RELENTLESS CONTROL

 




No comments:

Post a Comment